Foot and Ankle
The foot and ankle is an amazing and complex part of our body. It has to be able to act as a stable and strong platform for propelling us forward and upward, while at the same time be flexible and mobile to absorb load and adapt to different surfaces.
The foot and ankle are made up of 28 bones, 30 joints, more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments and 5 main nerves. So lots of important parts that all need to work well and work together. If that wasn’t enough, the way you recover from foot and ankle problems also depends on the physiology of pain, injury and healing. So don’t leave your recovery and future injury prevention to someone who has not done specialist training in foot & ankle and pain mechanisms.
Importantly, part of managing your foot and ankle problem is helping you return to what you love, quickly and effectively! We want to understand what you love doing, and are missing so we can personalise your treatment and rehabilitation to fit you and your lifestyle – this does not mean telling you just to stop your activities and rest!
What we can help you with
- Second opinions/advice around surgical opinions
- Plantar fasciitis/fasciosis and heel spurs
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Post fracture rehabilitation
- Pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation
- Tendinopathy of tibialis posterior and peroneals
- Ankle sprain – ligament tear/injury
- Calf tear and strain
- Achilles tear/repair
- Shin splints (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)
- Stress fractures
- Neuropathic pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)